FREE USPS SHIPPING (US Lower 48)
Please Note: Allow 1-2 business days for shipment to leave warehouse.
The LifeStraw® Steel personal water filter builds upon the ingenuity intrinsic to the original LifeStraw® personal water filter with a durable, sleek steel exterior and 2-stage water filtration process. It is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping and travel.
The hollow fiber membrane will filter out virtually all bacteria and protozoa. The LifeStraw® Steel has the additional benefit of an activated carbon capsule which reduces chemicals such as chlorine, organic compounds (such as pesticides and herbicides), odor and bad taste.
Features & Benefits
- Removes 99.9999% of bacteria (E. coli, etc.)
- Removes 99.9% of protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- Food grade quality activated carbon
- Reduces chlorine
- Reduces bad odor and taste
- Reduces organic chemical matter (Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC)
- Hollow fiber membrane lifetime of 1,000 litres (264 gallons)
- Carbon Capsule lifetime of 100 litres (26 gallons)
- Meets US UPS drinking water standards
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly
- Very durable stainless steel construction
- Replaceable activated carbon capsule
- No shelf life. LifeStraw® Steel can be stored indefinitely
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Construction: Food grade stainless steel. Meets US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
With our Follow the Liters program, for every LifeStraw product sold, a child in a developing country receives clean, safe drinking water for an entire school year.